Tips to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often. Use soap and water and scrub for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face. Avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze and sneeze into the “crook” of your arm.
- Follow the Governor’s Stay Home/Stay Safe order to keep yourself and others safe.
- If you do have to go out in public, maintain a distance of 6 feet (about the length of a sofa) between you and anyone you don’t live with at all times.
- Stay away from others—even the people you live with—if you’re sick.
- Use telemedicine to get health care when you need it.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces every day.
- Wash your hands before and after eating or preparing food, and do not touch your cell phone during meals. Cell phones accompany us everywhere and carry bacteria and germs.
This is a difficult time for everyone, and it’s important to develop ways to support your mental health.
The World Health Organization offers some simple tips to support your well-being during the coronavirus outbreak.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed, reach out!
- Call your health care provider, therapist, or a crisis hotline.
- You can also text with a crisis support counselor through the Vermont Crisis Text Line: just text "VT" to 741741 from anywhere in the U.S. to get text-based support about any type of crisis at any time of day or night.
- Mental health services are also available 24/7 via telehealth.
Coronavirus resources and assistance are available to all Vermonters by dialing either 2-1-1 or 1-866-652-4636.
This crowdsourced Google Doc of COVID-19 resources for Vermonters contains information on a variety of topics, including assistance with food, help for small businesses, community organizing, education resources, mental health resources, heating assistance, and more. [Please note: this link is not secure and Blue Cross and Blue Shield does not own or maintain this document, and we are not responsible for the quality or accuracy or any content contained in this link.]
If you need help or information, call us at (800) 247-2583. We’re here to support you. We’re all in this together.