Better Beginnings® is a program designed to help our members when they are pregnant. We understand that the as your prepare for the arrival of your baby, the more you take care of yourself, the better it is for you and your baby - even before he or she is born.
- Educational classes - Interested in a childbirth, sibling, parenting, breastfeeding and CPR class? We will reimburse up to $125 towards your enrollment.
- Educational materials to help answer commonly asked questions and provide guidance during your pregnancy.
- Three post-delivery visits from a visiting nurse or international board certified lactation consultant.
Enroll prior to 34 weeks and you may select one of these enhanced benefits:
- Fitness classes: Pre and post delivery, exercise is good for you both physically and mentally. Through our program, we will reimburse up $150 for classes taken during pregnancy and up to three months after your delivery.
- Car seat: Keep your baby safe when on the road. We will reimburse up to $150 for a car seat purchased during your pregnancy and up to three months after delivery.
- Homemaker: Need some extra help at home? We will reimburse up to $25 per hour, for up to nine hours, within the first three months after delivery.
- Breast pump: We offer a voucher for a personal-use breast pump.
Guidance & Support
Your Better Beginnings® registered nurse case manager will:
- Support and advocate for your individual needs
- Provide informational materials to help you make informed decisions regarding your pregnancy
Please select the appropriate member claim form below for each service to receive reimbursement. Please fill out the Patient Information section of the from, attach your receipt, and submit electronically.
Remember to choose the enhanced option you discussed with your Better Beginnings Nurse during your enrollment call. If you would like to change your enhanced option, please contact your Better Beginning Nurse prior to submitting reimbursements.
If you have any questions about reimbursements, please contact your Better Beginning Nurse.
How to Register
The first step in the process is to contact our customer service team to confirm your eligibility in the program. They will help determine if your plan includes this program. They can be reached at (802) 247-2583.
If you are eligible, you must register prior to the birth of your baby to participate in the program.
- Online -
- Through our secure Member Resource Center
- Go to: My Forms > Better Beginnings Enrollment Form
- Perk: we auto-complete some fields for you!
- Fax - complete, print and return the following form:
- Better Beginnings Health Risk Assessment (HRA) - This questionnaire will allow us to better understand your overall health and help us determine if you may be at risk for an early delivery or other pregnancy complications.
- Once completed, please fax your form to us at (866) 387-7914.
Note: Changes may be made at any time to the Better Beginnings® program.