Federal Employee Program (FEP) and Telehealth
March 19, 2020
FEP has implemented some interim measures for telehealth for providers in the BCBSVT network.
Click here for details.
March 19, 2020 | Updated April 06, 2020
The Payment Policy for Telemedicine has been updated and is effective retroactive to March 13, 2020. We have updated with information based on frequently asked provider questions, and we have included a list of eligible services. Please note that this list of eligible services includes certain Applied Behavioral Analysis services, Physical and Occupational Therapy services, and we’ve also included information about reimbursement for services delivered via store-and-forward means.
Click here to review the full policy. This policy is also posted to the Provider Resource Center under the BCBSVT Policies, Payment Policies link.
BCBSVT Temporary/Emergency Telemedicine Policies
April 06, 2020
Please note:these policies supplement services already provided in the BCBSVT permanent telemedicine policy.
- Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) services by telemedicine or telephone
- Intensive Outpatient Therapy Services by telemedicine or telephone
- Lactation Services by telemedicine
- Mental Health and Substance Use by telemedicine
- Occupational Therapy provided by telemedicine
- Physical Therapy provided by telemedicine
- Preventive Care by telemedicine
- Psychotherapy (crisis and group) Services by telemedicine or telephone
- Speech Therapy provided by telemedicine
Click here to view all Temporary/Emergency Telemedicine Policies in detail.