If you are enrolled (or considering enrolling) in one of our Consumer-Directed Health Plans (CDHP) through us directly or with Vermont Health Connect, you’ll have the option to open a tax-deferred Health Savings Account (HSA) through our partner vendor. This free service will help you seamlessly manage your health care expenses and savings.
How it Works
1. Enroll in one of our CDHP plan offerings with us directly or with Vermont Health Connect:
- Blue Rewards Gold CDHP
- Blue Rewards Silver CDHP
- Blue Rewards Bronze CDHP
- Standard Silver CDHP
- Standard Bronze CDHP
Please note: If you are receiving a cost share reduction (CSR) through Vermont Health Connect, this may impact the qualification of your CDHP plan for a HSA.
- If you would like to verify if certain plans are eligible for HSA in 2020, call 800 255-4550 to speak with a Sales & Service Consultant
3. If you would like to set up your CDHP plan with an HSA contact us at 1-866-999-2605 to set up an account. We will mail you a welcome packet to complete your HSA account.
- You can transfer an existing HSA balance from another administrator to a Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont HAS to consolidate your savings and take advantage of other incentives
4. Manage your account:
- Online - secure, real-time, 24/7 online account access, including claims data and status.
- Live Member Support - our account specialists are available to answer your questions, offer advice, and provide help. Call us at 1-866-999-2605 (Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 9 p.m)
- The Learning Center – anytime access to information and resources to help you maximize your account