Electronic payment is offered free of charge and provides the following benefits:
- Reduced administrative costs
- Improved cash flow
- More secure transactions (compared to paper checks)
- Electronic payments are issued by Wells Fargo bank.
- Provider vouchers for electronic payments must be accessed on the Provider Resource Center (PRC). You can sign up for the PRC here.
- Paper provider vouchers will cease to be mailed on the date your enrollment in electronic payment takes effect.
Electronic Payment Partner:
We partner with CAQH EnrollHub® for the collection and maintenance of our providers’ banking information.
CAQH EnrollHub is a free, secure, online system that allows providers to enroll with multiple payers.
There are two ways to sign up:
- If you are not a CAQH EnrollHub user, go to https://solutions.caqh.org/bpas to enroll.
- If you are already a CAQH EnrollHub user, log in to your account and add BCBSVT as a payer.
For answers to additional questions (including how to update your banking information in CAQH EnrollHub), please see our short FAQ or contact the CAQH EnrollHub support desk:
- Email: efthelp@EnrollHub.CAQH.org
- Phone: (844) 815-9763
- Support Desk Hours:
- 7 a.m.-9 p.m. EST Monday-Thursday
- 7 a.m.-7 p.m. EST Friday
- Finalized claims move to payment process on Tuesdays.
- Holidays do not impact our payment schedule
- Provider vouchers become available on the Provider Resource Center on Wednesdays.
- Electronic payment deposits are made on Fridays.
Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA/835)
An electronic remittance advice (ERA) or 835, is the electronic equivalent of a provider voucher.
- ERAs are available through a clearinghouse that accepts 835 transactions. Click here to verify that your vendor accepts 835 transactions and has a relationship with BCBSVT.
- To receive ERAs through your clearinghouse, complete an EDI 835 Enrollment E-Form, located on the Electronic Data Interchange page of our provider website.
- Questions about enrolling in electronic 835? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- PDF versions of provider vouchers are also available on our Provider Resource Center (PRC). You can sign up for the PRC here.