How you report a change depends on where you enrolled directly through us or through Vermont Health Connect. It also depends on the type of change you want to make.
Direct Enroll Member
If you're currently enrolled directly with us, reference the table below for help.
|Type of Change||Examples||How to Report|
Change of Information
Change is effective immediately but could take up to four days before appearing in the Member Resource Center.
Log in to the Member Resource Center (MRC), then click 'Report a Change'
Life changes must be reported within certain time frames and the effective date is determined by the type of event.
You want to add new a dependent(s) as a result of:
Remove existing dependent(s) as a result of:
1. See if you qualify for any subsidies (financial help) by using the Vermont Health Connect Subsidy Estimator.
2. If yes, and you want to take advantage of the subsidy you need to enroll in coverage through Vermont Health Connect (you can enroll in the same Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont plan and we'll apply any money spent towards your deductible and out-of-pocket).
3. If you do not qualify or don't want to take advantage of the subsidy, you have two options to report your change:
Enrolled in Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont Coverage through Vermont Health Connect
If you enrolled in Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont coverage through Vermont Health Connect (VHC), report your changes to VHC.
However, if you qualify for special enrollment period (e.g. experience life change/event), you have two options:
- Stay enrolled in your current coverage through VHC and report changes to them
- Direct enroll in coverage through us
Members enrolled in Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont coverage through Vermont Health Connect have the option to request their plan administration be transferred to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont. This means that you would become a direct enroll member and would work directly with us for enrollment, getting bills, paying premiums and reporting changes. It's important to note, direct enroll members are NOT eligible for any subsidies. To learn more about this option, please contact an exchange consultant at the number below.
For help or questions, call our experienced Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont exchange consultants:
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m - 4:30 p.m