Better Beginnings® is designed to help members who are pregnant give their baby the best healthcare available, even before he or she is born.
Note: Viewing or printing program documents (pdf format) requires Adobe® Acrobat® Reader. Download latest version - FREE
All program enrollees are eligible for these benefits:
- Educational classes - we will reimburse up to $125. Examples of these classes are childbirth, sibling, parenting, breastfeeding and CPR classes.
- Educational materials
- Three post-delivery visits from a visiting nurse or international board certified lactation consultant
Enroll prior to 34 weeks and you may select one of these enhanced benefits:
- Fitness classes: We will reimburse up $150 for classes taken during pregnancy and up to three months after your delivery.
- Car seat: We will reimburse up to $150 for a car seat purchased during your pregnancy and up to three months after delivery.
- Homemaker: We will reimburse up to $25 per hour up to nine hours to use within the first three months after delivery.
- Breast pump: Voucher for a personal-use breast pump.
Your Better Beginnings® registered nurse case manager will:
- Support and advocate for your individual needs
- Provide informational materials to help you make informed decisions regarding your pregnancy
How to Register
Prior to registering, please check your Better Beginnings eligibility by contacting customer service at the number on the back of your ID card. Some groups may not be eligible for the program.
If you are eligible, you must register prior to the birth of your baby to participate in the program.
- Online through our secure Member Resource Center
- Go to: My Forms > Better Beginnings Enrollment Form
- Perk: we auto-complete some fields for you!
- Fax - complete, print and return the following form:
- Better Beginnings Health Risk Assessment (HRA) - lists questions about your general and pregnancy health and helps determine if you may be at risk for an early delivery or other pregnancy complications.
Please send your completed Better Beginnings® Health Risk Assessment (HRA) form to us via:
Note: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont reserves the right to make changes in Better Beginnings® at any time.