Better Beginnings® is a program designed to help our members when they are pregnant. We understand as you prepare for the arrival of your baby, the more you take care of yourself, the better it is for you and your baby - even before he or she is born.
Guidance, Support & Program Benefits:
Your Better Beginnings® registered nurse case manager will:
- Support and advocate for your individual needs
- Provide informational materials to help you make informed decisions regarding your pregnancy
- Educational classes - Interested in childbirth, sibling, parenting, breastfeeding, and CPR class? We will reimburse up to $125 towards your enrollment
- Educational materials to help answer commonly asked questions and provide guidance during your pregnancy
- Three post-delivery visits from a visiting nurse or international board-certified lactation consultant
Enroll Sooner For Great Benefits!
If you enroll prior to 34 weeks you will get the chance to choose one of the following extras benefits:
- Fitness classes: Pre and post-delivery, exercise is good for you both physically and mentally. Through our program, we will reimburse up to $150 for classes taken during pregnancy and up to three months after your delivery
- Car seat: Keep your baby safe when on the road. We will reimburse up to $150 for a car seat purchased during your pregnancy and up to three months after delivery
- Homemaker: Need some extra help at home? We will reimburse up to $25 per hour, for up to nine hours, within the first three months after delivery
- Breast pump: We offer a voucher for a personal-use breast pump
How to Register
The first step in the process is to contact our customer service team to confirm your eligibility in the program. They will help determine if your plan includes this program. They can be reached at (800) 247-2583
- Mobile App -
- Coming soon for IOS & Android!
- Online -
- Through our secure Member Resource Center
- Go to: My Forms > Better Beginnings Enrollment Form
- Perk: we auto-complete some fields for you!
- Fax - complete, print, and return the following form:
- Better Beginnings Health Risk Assessment (HRA) - This questionnaire will allow us to better understand your overall health and help us determine if you may be at risk for an early delivery or other pregnancy complications.
- Once completed, please fax your form to us at (866) 387-7914.
Below are links for editable PDF Member Claim Forms to receive reimbursement.
Please select the appropriate member claim form for each service and save it to your phone or computer.
- Download the file and add your information to the form.
- Fill in the form with your member information. Name, insurance info, etc.
- Skip the boxes for Physician and Additional information
- Fill in the date of service/purchase, the amount charged
- Type in your name on the signature line and the date.
- Click SUBMIT and an email will open up—addressed to Customer Service here at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont
- Attach your receipt to the email alongside the claim form that appears attached, and click Send.
Remember to choose the enhanced option you discussed with your Better Beginnings Nurse during your enrollment call. If you would like to change your enhanced option, please contact your Better Beginning Nurse prior to submitting reimbursements.
Keep the completed saved PDF form to your phone or computer if you want a copy for your records. In 4-6 weeks you will receive a generic Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont letter with a check at the bottom of the last page.
Technical questions: check out the Fill and sign PDF forms page at Adobe.com.
If you have any questions about reimbursements, please contact your Better Beginning Nurse.
Changes may be made at any time to the Better Beginnings® program.
If you are eligible, you must register prior to the birth of your baby to participate in the program.