We've long recognized that our employees are our most valuable resource. We offer one of the most competitive and attractive benefits packages available in Vermont.
Here are some highlights:
Health and wellness benefits
We offer our eligible employees a choice of two Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont health plans.
- Our Consumer Directed Health Plan (CDHP), which is a high-deductible plan with no co-pays. All employees who enroll in the CDHP product are members of our corporate worksite wellness program, STRIVE. We believe that employees who participate in the CDHP product are focused on their well being and we contribute 75% of the deductible into the employee's HSA account. For individuals, the deductible is $2,000. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont contributes $1,500, paid in two installments, and the employee contributes $500 through payroll deduction. The deductible for a two-person or family plan is $4,000; Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont contributes $3,000, paid in two installments, and the employee contributes $1,000 through payroll deduction.
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP) is our HMO product. Employees who select TVHP and are members of our worksite wellness program, STRIVE, have a $750 annual deductible; employees who are not members of STRIVE have a $1,000 annual deductible. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont covers 85% of the premium costs of health insurance and employees contribute 15% through payroll deduction.
Our vision plan through VSP provides an annual eye exam, plus coverage for conventional corrective lenses, contact lenses, and frames through a nationwide network. Coverage for employees and their eligible family members is free.
Our dental product provided by Northeast Delta Dental (NEDD) includes a wide range of dental services, to include four cleanings per year and annual fluoride treatments to eligible dependents. The dental coverage is for employees and their dependents, and is free of charge.
STRIVE: Our Worksite Wellness Program
Our national and state-level award winning worksite wellness program, STRIVE, is an integral part of our daily corporate culture. We have designed STRIVE with a holistic approach that incorporates health, fitness, and overall well being. We have an on-site fitness facility, showers, and lockers, and a variety of on-site fitness and wellness classes offered free of charge or at subsidized rates. We offer an on-site Weight Watchers at Work program and free on-site nutritional counseling. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont's EAP partner offers on-site counseling services. Our lunch and learns cover a wide variety of topics and employees who sign up receive a free lunch. We subsidize summer and winter CSA shares which are delivered to the company. Each year, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont employees have the opportunity to participate in various events around the state such as Corporate Cup, National Walk at Lunch Day, and the Dragon Boat festival. Our on-site cafeteria has partnered with us to offer a variety of healthy menu choices. And to acknowledge our employees' commitment to their personal health and wellness, we offer a $500 end-of-year wellness incentive to employees who complete the required components of our wellness program.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont strongly believes that employees should have ample opportunities to put savings aside for their future needs after retirement. Employees have two retirement plans:
- A "cash balance" pension plan. Our Cash Balance pension plan is non-contributory on the employees' part. The Company funds a cash balance pension program on behalf of eligible employees, who are enrolled on the first of the year after six months of employment and are vested in three years.
- We also offer a 401(k) program, which is managed by Fidelity. Eligible employees are eligible for the 401(k) program with the full company match of 60% for every dollar contributed up to six percent of the employees' pay for pre-tax retirement savings, immediately.
Life Insurance Benefits
Eligible employees are enrolled in our life insurance plan after six months of employment. The benefit is twice the employee's base salary.
Disability Insurance Benefits
We offer both short and long-term disability insurance to eligible employees, which are effective after six months of employment.
Time Off Benefits
- Employees accrue 24 days per year of combined time off (CTO).
- Eight paid holidays per year.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont offers eligible employees up to $7,000 per year reimbursement to help cover education expenses at an accredited college or university.