Vermont Brokers

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont does not pay commissions for small group or individual business.  Producers representing large groups can register with BCBSVT by following the instructions below.


Become a Health Insurance Broker

You can become a registered broker with BCBSVT by following the steps below:

1. Vermont  License

Obtain a valid Vermont Accident, Health and HMO resident or non-resident license.  You may also visit: for more information about becoming Vermont licensed:

2. Paperwork

Save a copy of the  Standard Producer Commission Agreement (SPCA) for your records and submit the following paperwork:

  1. Image
    Producer Agreement Acknowledgement Form
  2. Image
  3. Image
    SADBUS Survey Form
  4. Image
    ACH Electronic Funds Transfer Authorization


Email completed documents and copy of license to: or mail to:


Attn: Broker Relations

P.O. Box 186

Montpelier, VT 05601-0186

3. Processing

BCBSVT Broker Relations will process your paperwork within one week of receiving all completed forms.  If you have a new group for which commission is owed, please include a copy of the signed enrollment agreement, renewal election form or Broker of Record letter.

4. Confirmation

You will receive a confirmation email from Broker Relations which will include the following:

  1. Link to our current Producer Commission Schedule
  2. BCBSVT sales contact name and number
  3. Broker commissions and compensation contact information

Please note:  The Plan does NOT hire Independent Agents nor do we appoint Producers in the State of Vermont.