This year, we've decided to change things up a bit and instead of sharing details related to National Walk at Lunch Day, we're encouraging Vermonters to move everyday!
COVID-19 may have disrupted normal day-to-date activities, but one thing remains certain—moving your body makes a difference.
To celebrate movement, we’re giving away a Fitbit®. The rules are simple.
- Move your body.
- Share a photo and one goal of how you plan to keep moving with physical distancing in mind on our Instagram channel.
- Use our hashtag #VTmoves so we can enter you into the drawing!
- We’ll select a winner on Monday, May 18, 2020.
Remember, it’s not about running a marathon (unless you love to run marathons, which is great), but it is about embracing a daily movement that brings balance, motion, and emotional wellbeing to your life.
Great easy forms of movement
- Taking your dog for a walk
- Playing with your grandkids
- Doing common chores around the house
Tips for staying well when moving & practicing “physical” distancing
COVID-19 Resource Center
Poster with tips of Physical Distancing
Stay active While Physical Distancing
Health.gov – get moving today for adults
Tips and a quick video from Health.gov
Health.gov—get moving today for older adults
Follow and connect with us on social: