National Walk@Lunch Day
Wednesday, April 27, 2016
Join us for the tenth Annual National Walk @ Lunch Day®
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is gearing up for National Walk@Lunch Day on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - and we want you to join us! Tens of thousands of walkers participated in last year's event and we hope you'll help make this year an even bigger success.
Participation is fun and easy. BCBSVT is joining other Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies, employers and state legislatures across the nation to encourage you to wear comfortable walking shoes on Wednesday, April 27 and simply take a walk at lunch. It's a short walk, but it will make a difference in the overall health of everyone who participates.
Registration is now closed.
The following locations will have informational booths and organized, self-led walks from 12 - 1 p.m.:
- Burlington - In front of City Hall, Church Street.
- Burlington - UVM Medical Center, across from main hospital lobby
- Montpelier - State House Lawn
- Rutland Regional Medical Center - Walking Loop
- St. Johnsbury - Trailhead of the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail
Benefits of Walking
When done briskly and on a regular basis, walking can:
- Decrease the risk of heart attack and type-2 diabetes
- Control weight
- Improve muscle tone
- Reduce stress
If you have any questions, please contact us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (802) 371-3486