National Walk@Lunch Day
Wednesday, April 25, 2018
Join us for the 12th Annual National Walk @ Lunch Day®
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is gearing up for National Walk@Lunch Day on Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - and we want you to join us! Tens of thousands of walkers participated in last year's event and we hope you'll help make this year an even bigger success.
Wear comfortable walking shoes and simply take a walk at lunch. It can make a difference in your overall health.
In addition, to celebrate the 12th anniversary of National Walk@Lunch Day, one school and one business could win a people-powered smoothie bike! See below for complete details.
Register for your own onsite walk and we'll provide you with materials that will help your walkers. Please register early to receive your supplies in advance of your walk.
Registration closes: April 18, 2018 @ 11:59 p.m.
Smoothie Bike Raffle
- Businesses can enter the business raffle by posting a photo of their walk on our Facebook page. Let us know who you are and where you're walking! To be fair, BCBSVT is not responsible for posting photos on your behalf.
- We recognize challenges associated with schedules and weather. Therefore, we’re giving businesses three weeks to complete their walk and enter the raffle. Please post your photo by noon on May 16 for entry. We will announce the winner by 4:30 p.m. that same day.
- We understand that schools have varying practices and policies related to social media and photography. As such, we will automatically enter all registered schools into the raffle. To be clear—we still encourage schools to share photos. (We love seeing them!) Just know that this is not a requirement for raffle entry nor does it increase your chances.
- Again, we recognize challenges associated with schedules and weather. Please complete your walk within three weeks of the event (by May 16). We’ll announce the winner later that day.
Thanks to all for participating and good luck!
The following locations will have informational booths and organized, self-led walks from 12 - 1 p.m.:
- Burlington - Market Place at Church & Main Street by City Hall
- Burlington - UVM Medical Center, across from main hospital lobby
- Burlington - UVM, University Green on University Place
- Middlebury - UVM Health Network, Porter Medical Center, main parking lot
- Montpelier - State House Lawn
- Rutland - Regional Medical Center, Walking Loop
- St. Johnsbury - Trailhead of the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail
Benefits of Walking
When done briskly and on a regular basis, walking can:
- Decrease the risk of heart attack and type-2 diabetes
- Control weight
- Improve muscle tone
- Reduce stress
If you have any questions, please contact us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (802) 371-3486