National Walk@Lunch Day
Wednesday, April 24, 2019
Join us for the 13th Annual National Walk @ Lunch Day®
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is gearing up for National Walk@Lunch Day on Wednesday, April 24, 2019 and we want you to join us! Tens of thousands of walkers participated in last year's events across the country. We hope you'll help make this year even more successful!
It's simple – just wear comfortable walking shoes and take a walk at lunch. It can make a difference in your overall health.
Businesses that host a walk onsite can receive branded materials to advertise internally. Please register early to receive supplies in advance of your walk. Registration closes on April 15, 2019. Register at email@example.com.
- We understand schools have various policies related to social media and photography. If you do post photos, we'd love to see them. Please tag us in your social media streams.
- We recognize that weather and schedules can be a challenge. If you aren't able to walk on April 24, we ask that you please complete your walk within three weeks of the event (by May 16). Thanks to all for participating!
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont, Central Vermont Medical Center and the Berlin Mall will host a National Walk@Lunch event at Berlin Mall from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. In addition to walking, enjoy smoothies, snacks, wellness prizes and more!
The following locations will have informational booths and organized, self-led walks from 12 - 1 p.m.:
- Burlington - UVM Medical Center, across from main hospital lobby
- Burlington - UVM, University Green on University Place
- Rutland - Regional Medical Center, Walking Loop
Benefits of Walking
When you walk briskly and regularly, you can:
- Decrease the risk of heart attack and type 2 diabetes
- Control weight
- Improve muscle tone
- Reduce stress
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.