National Walk@Lunch Day
Wednesday, April 29, 2015
Registration for this event has ended.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is gearing up for National Walk@Lunch Day on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - and we want you to join us! Tens of thousands of walkers participated in last year's event and we hope you'll help make this year an even bigger success.
Participation is fun and easy. BCBSVT is joining other Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies, employers and state legislatures across the nation to encourage you to wear comfortable walking shoes on Wednesday, April 29 and simply take a walk at lunch. It's a short walk, but it will make a difference in the overall health of everyone who participates.
We encourage you to host your own local walk or join one of the BCBSVT hosted walks noted below.
Scheduled walks will occur between 12 - 1 p.m.
- Rutland Regional Medical Center - walking path/loop
- University of Vermont fountain on the green
- Burlington - in front of City Hall, Church Street
- Burlington, UVM Medical Center - hospital's main patient entrance (see image below for reference)
Benefits of Walking
When done briskly and on a regular basis, walking can:
- Decrease the risk of heart attack and type-2 diabetes
- Control weight
- Improve muscle tone
- Reduce stress
If you have any questions, please contact us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (802) 371-3486