- Technical Assistance for Employer-Based Wellness Programs. Requires CDC to provide employers with technical assistance in evaluating worksite wellness programs. (PPACA § 4303)
- National Worksite Health Policies and Program Study. Within 2 years of enactment, and at regular intervals thereafter, requires CDC to conduct a national survey to assess employer-based wellness programs and make recommendations to Congress based on the findings.
- Requires evaluations of all programs funded through the CDC before evaluations are conducted on privately funded programs, unless such a program requests an evaluation. (PPACA §4303)
- Grants to Small Employers. Provides for grants to small employers to provide comprehensive worksite wellness programs. (PPACA § 10408)
- Break Times for Nursing Mothers. Requires employers to provide a reasonable break time for working mothers to express breast milk for one year after a child’s birth, and to provide a private place for such activities. Exempts employers with fewer than 50 employees if this requirement would impose an undue hardship. (PPACA § 4207)