Seamless Management of your
Health Savings Account
If you are enrolled (or considering enrolling) in one of our Consumer-Directed Health Plans (CDHP) through us directly or with Vermont Health Connect, you’ll have the option to open a tax-deferred Health Savings Account (HSA) through our partner vendor, HealthEquity, Inc. This free service will help you seamlessly manage your health care expenses and savings.
How it Works
1. Enroll in one of our CDHP plan offerings with us directly or with Vermont Health Connect:
- Blue Rewards Gold CDHP
- Blue Rewards Silver CDHP
- Blue Rewards Bronze CDHP
- Standard Silver CDHP
- Standard Bronze CDHP
Please note: If you are receiving a cost share reduction (CSR) through Vermont Health Connect, this may impact the qualification of your CDHP plan for a HSA.
2. To learn more about how a HSA works, please visit HealthEquity’s HSA Learning Center or call (877) 713-7709 to speak with one of our HSA specialist.
- If you would like to verify if certain plans are eligible for HSA in 2020, call (800) 255-4550 to speak with a Sales & Service Consultant
3. If you would like to set up your CDHP plan with a HSA through HealthEquity, contact us to set up an account. HealthEquity will mail a welcome packet to complete your HSA account.
- If you establish an account with HealthEquity, BCBSVT automatically sends your claims information to them for reimbursement consideration. This means less paperwork for you and potentially quicker reimbursement
- You can transfer an existing HSA balance from another administrator to HealthEquity, consolidate your savings and take advantage of other incentives
4. Manage your account:
- Online - secure, real-time, 24/7 access to account information, including claims data and status.
- Live Member Support - HealthEquity account specialists are available 24/7, 365 days a year to answer your questions, offer advice and provide help.