Individual & Family Enrollment
Enrolling in a Qualified Health Plan
2015 open enrollment ended on February 15, 2015.
However, if you experience a qualifying life event (special life events or changes that allow for enrollment outside the regular enrollment period) such as those listed below, you may be eligible for a special enrollment.
- Birth or adoption
- Loss of coverage
- Non-enrollment due to errors or exceptional circumstances
- Newly established eligibility due to changes in your income (for federal premium tax credits or cost share reductions)
- Eligibility based on permanent move – you move to a new state
- Court-ordered dependents
- Incapacitated dependents
If you experience a qualifying life event, you generally qualify for a special enrollment period of 60 days from the date of the triggering event, in which you can enroll in coverage on Vermont Health Connect.
If you fail to enroll or change your coverage (example: add new dependent) within the 60 day special enrollment period, you will have to wait until the next open enrollment to change your coverage.
How to Enroll
1. Compare the Qualified Health Plans (QHP) available through Vermont Health Connect. Click here to view information about the ten plans that BCBSVT offers through VHC.
2. Select the QHP that best meets your health care and budget needs.
3. Enroll in the QHP by going to healthconnect.vermont.gov or calling Vermont Health Connect at (855)-899-9600.
4. Pay your premium directly to VHC by the due date specified on the invoice you receive from VHC.
Once VHC has received and processed your payment, they will send your enrollment information to us. We will activate your coverage and send you your plan materials including your ID card(s). Please allow 14-21 days for processing.
5. If you need care prior to receiving your new BCBSVT ID card and you have enrolled through VHC and paid your premium, please contact us at (800) 255-4550.
Help Paying for Coverage
As an individual/family enrolling through VHC, you may qualify for help paying for your coverage. Learn more about available tax credits and subsidies.