Individual & Family Enrollment
When to Enroll
You need to enroll during the initial open enrollment period, October 1, 2013 through March 31, 2014. If you do not enroll during the open enrollment period, you may not be able to purchase health care coverage until 2015. The anticipated open enrollment period for coverage effective January 1, 2015 is October 15th through December 7th 2014.
You must make your plan selection and enroll through VHC by the 15th of the month preceding the month you want your coverage to be effective.
|Enroll by:||For a coverage effective date of:|
|Jan. 15, 2014||Feb. 1, 2014|
|Feb. 15, 2014||Mar. 1, 2014|
|Mar. 15, 2014||Apr. 1, 2014|
|Mar. 31, 2014*||May 1, 2014|
*Last day of 2014 open enrollment period
Transitioning from Extended 2013 Coverage to a Qualified Health Plan for April 1, 2014
In late October 2013 the State of Vermont announced additional enrollment options for individuals and families to ensure that they had access to continued coverage and the security of knowing they could extend their 2013 coverage if they were unable to enroll on Vermont Health Connect for coverage effective January 1, 2014.
If you opted to extend your 2013 coverage for the first quarter of 2014, until March 31, 2014, you must enroll through VHC for coverage effective April 1, 2014. To ensure an April 1 effective date and no break in your coverage, you must enroll no later than March 15, 2014 and pay your April premium to VHC by March 31, 2014.
How to Enroll
1. Compare the Qualified Health Plans (QHP) available through Vermont Health Connect. Click here to view information about the ten plans that BCBSVT offers through VHC.
2. Select the QHP that best meets your health care and budget needs.
3. Enroll in the QHP by going to healthconnect.vermont.gov or calling Vermont Health Connect at (855)-899-9600.
4. Pay your premium directly to VHC by the due date specified on the invoice you receive from VHC.
Once VHC has received and processed your payment, they will send your enrollment information to us. We will activate your coverage and send you your plan materials including your ID card(s). Due to high volumes, please allow 14-21 days for processing.
If you are an existing valued BCBSVT customer, your deductibles and related out-of-pocket limits accumulated during the first quarter of 2014 will be carried forward to your new QHP.
5. If you need care prior to receiving your new BCBSVT ID card and you are...
- an existing customer, use your old ID card to access care
- a new customer, please contact us at (800) 255-4550
Help Paying for Coverage
As an individual/family enrolling through VHC, you may qualify for help paying for your coverage. Learn more about available tax credits and subsidies.