What is PayNet?
PayNet is an online payment service option offered by People's United Bank on behalf of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont. It allows you (the subscriber/payer) to make a fast, easy, online payment 24 hours a day.
Forms of Payment
PayNet only accepts ACH payments, meaning that only bank checking accounts can be used for processing payments (no credit or debit cards).
People's United Bank charges a $0.60 convenience fee for using this service. The fee will be charged to you (the subscriber/payer) by People's United Bank at the time of payment.
Making a Payment
To use this service, all you need is your:
- valid email address
- most recent BCBSVT invoice
- checking account number
NOTE: This service only accepts payments made via ACH, meaning that only bank checking accounts can be used for processing payments (no credit or debit cards).
Confirmation of Payment
You will receive a confirmation number, as well as a confirmation email once the transaction is complete.
When will payment be posted to my BCBSVT account?
|Before 2:15pm EST
||Next business day
||Payment made 10/10/09 at 2:10pm EST
Payment will post 10/11/09
|After 2:15pm EST
||Second business day
||Payment made 10/10/09 at 2:45pm EST
Payment will post 10/12/09
Is my policy going to be cancelled?
- If your policy/coverage has already been cancelled:
- Non-group/Individual members MUST contact Individual Products Service Center at 1-800-625-6406 or IPSC@bcbsvt.com
- Your confirmation number and email do NOT guarantee payment. Your request for payment may be refused for any of the following reasons: (a) your banking institution where you have your account fails for any reason to honor Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont's transaction request; (b) your account has insufficient funds to authorize the transaction amount you've requested.
- In the event your banking institution refuses the transaction for any reason, any credit for the payment which Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont makes to your account will be reversed. It may take up to two business days from the date you make a request for the payment to be posted to your Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont account.
- Payments made to canceled accounts will be refunded immediately.