Coverage Options for Vermont Medigap Blue℠
Medigap Plans are designed to:
- complement the coverage provided by Medicare Parts A and B.
- offer protection against Medicare's unpaid expenses.
- provide the personal service you deserve and help you make the best of your retirement.
We offer Plans A, C, D, F and N
- Hospitalization—Part A co-insurance plus coverage for 365 additional days after Medicare benefits end.
- Blood—First three pints of blood each year.
- Hospice—Part A co-insurance.
- Medical Expenses—Part B co-insurance (generally 20 percent of Medicare-approved expenses) or co-payments for hospital outpatient services. Plans K, L, M and N require members to pay a portion of Part B co-insurance or co-payments.
Supplemental Programs Offered
Medigap policies differ based on their coverage. We offer Plans A, C, D, F and N:
2017 Monthly Rate
|A - $135.73||
|C - $167.87||
|D - $154.14||
|F - $168.62||
|N - $143.81||
*Vermont law generally prohibits a physician from charging more than the Medicare approved amount. However, there are exceptions and this prohibition may not apply if you receive services out of state.
Disabled Under 65 - 2017 Monthly Rates
- Plan A - $258.83
- Plan C - $337.63
- Plan D - $307.68
- Plan F - $338.53
- Plan N - $286.22
For more information on basic benefits and a chart showing the benefits of each Medicare supplement plan, view the Outline and Certificate of Coverage for the plan you're considering:
After you've compared plan and found a Medigap product that best meets your needs, you can apply in one of two ways:
We're here to help!
We're available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to help at any step along the way!
- By phone: (800) 255-4550 (option 2)
- By email: email@example.com
You can also get in-person assistance at our Information & Wellness Center at the South Burlington Blue Mall (150 Dorset Street) or our Berlin headquarters (455 Industrial Lane).
Please note: While appointments are not necessary, it may benefit you to make an appointment in order to avoid waiting times.
Vermont Medigap Blue Policy Documents
Apply for Coverage
Online Application(complete and submit electronically)