- Small Business
- + Large Business
- - Member Maintenance
- Employee Benefits
- + Newsletters
Employees may enroll in your group's plan during the following times:
- Initial opportunity - the first opportunity in which employee is eligible to enroll following completion of company's waiting period if applicable.
If employee refuses initial opportunity they cannot join until:
- Open enrollment - usually the anniversary date of the group's original enrollment
- Special enrollment - triggered by a qualified event
Determine Eligibility and Membership Type
Before enrolling each employee, you must determine
- His or her eligibility (eligible employees)
- His or her dependent's eligibility (eligible dependents)
- Type of membership employee will need
|Single||Employee with no dependents|
|Two-Person||Employee plus one dependent (child, spouse, party to civil union, or eligible domestic partner)|
|Family||Employee with more than one eligible dependent.|
Note: Employees must enroll all eligible dependents with the exception of spouse, party to a civil union or eligible domestic partner; they may refuse coverage.
Complete a Group Enrollment Form
Enrolling employees: submit a completed Group Enrollment Form
Employees declining group coverage: submit a signed Group Enrollment Fom indicating refusal of coverage.
Primary Care Physician Choice (if Managed Care)
If a managed care plan is selected, a primary care physician (PCP) must be selected for the subscriber and all eligible dependents in order for membership to become effective.
Find a PCP (link to online provider directory)